Seniors Aware of Fire Education
Spring is finally here and we love getting out in it, even with the Spring chores. Here's a couple of ideas on how to enjoy spring safely:
- Fill your mower with gas when the engine is cool.
- Store gasoline outside the house, in a detached garage or shed.
- If you get gas on your clothing, remember it's the gas vapor that is flammable, so wash them as soon as possible.
- Store gas only in the RED containers marked for gasoline.
- Do not start cooking fires with gasoline.
- It's supposed to be another bad year for ticks, so cover up and spray before going out for a hike or yard work.
- Check for ticks on you when coming in from being in the great outdoors.
Enjoy aSAFE Spring
--Worth Noyes, SAFE Educator
& Cummington Fire Departments
The Senior SAFE program is sponsored by many of your fire departments and the
Massachusetts Department of Fire Services.
Posted: to All Towns News on Thu, May 9, 2019
Updated: Thu, May 9, 2019